Start a new claim
What to do first
- If you think the loss was caused by an illegal act, like burglary or deliberate damage, call the police as soon as possible
- If anyone travelling on your craft is injured, get in contact with the Maritime Safety Authority
- Do what you can to prevent any further loss or liability
- Don't make repairs straight away as we'll need to assess the damage first
If you need our help right now, call us on 0800 379 372.
What we might ask for
Having these things available will help us process your claim faster.
- The name, address and phone number of anyone else involved, including third parties, witnesses, passengers and property owners.
- Receipts or other proof of purchase.
- Photos of any damage.
- Police report file numbers.
Your claim, step by step
We understand that making a claim can be stressful. Here’s some information to help you understand the stages of your claim.
Start your claim
Firstly, make sure you and your property are safe and call the police if you need to. Take photos of any damage if you can.
Call us if you need help right now, otherwise make your claim when you're able to.
Assessing your claim
When you make a claim we'll get in contact to let you know what's going to happen next. We might also need to get some more information from you.
We'll assess your claim as quickly as possible and let you know what's happening along the way.
All done!We'll settle your claim and set things right as soon as we can.
Fair Insurance Code
Tower Insurance is a member of the Insurance Council of New Zealand (ICNZ), an industry organisation which represents fire and general insurers in New Zealand.
As an ICNZ member, we abide by the ICNZ Fair Insurance Code.
Additional information is available on the Insurance Council of New Zealand website.
Got a claims question?
Our chatbot Charlie is here to help by answering your claims questions.