Start a new claim
What to do first
- If required, notify the police immediately
- Don't dispose of damaged items. We might need to see these or make a report on the damage.
- If a water leak is causing damage to your property, contact a plumber as soon as you can.
If you need our help right now, call us on 0800 379 372.
What we might ask for
Having these things available may help us process your claim faster.
- The details of anyone else involved in the accident, including third parties, witnesses, passengers and property owners. If possible, get their names, addresses, and phone and vehicle registration numbers if relevant.
- Police file number for theft and other illegal acts.
Your house claim, step by step
We understand that making a claim can be stressful. Here’s some information to help you understand the stages of your claim.
Assessing your property
We may need to see your property and have a look over the damage that's been caused. If so, one of our assessors will be in touch to organise a time that works for you. They’ll walk you through the next steps and take photos of the damage if needed.
If your property is unsafe we’ll arrange for a builder to secure your home while we get started on your claim.
Getting your property repaired
Our assessor will book an appointment with a builder. The builder will discuss how the damage to your property will be repaired and set a schedule for the work to start.
We can give you a list of preferred builders who can assess your property and report directly to us, which will save you time. If you'd prefer to pick your own builder, that's no problem.
When your repairs have been completed, we’ll be in touch to check that you’re happy with them. If there is an excess, you'll pay this directly to the builder.
Fair Insurance Code
Tower Insurance is a member of the Insurance Council of New Zealand (ICNZ), an industry organisation which represents fire and general insurers in New Zealand.
As an ICNZ member, we abide by the ICNZ Fair Insurance Code.
Additional information is available on the Insurance Council of New Zealand website.