GoCarma excess discount terms and conditions
- These terms and conditions ("Terms") apply to the "GoCarma excess discount" Offer ("Offer").
- In these Terms, "Tower" means Tower Limited.
- This Offer commences on 12.01am on 6 December 2020 and will run until terminated in accordance with these Terms.
- To be eligible for this Offer you must:
a) Have a current and eligible Tower branded motor policy, or be a named driver on a current and eligible Tower motor insurance policy; and
b) Be at least 18 years of age; and
c) Be legally able to drive in New Zealand; and
d) Have driven a minimum of 250 kilometres over at least 10 trips tracked on the GoCarma app ("the App") to obtain an overall driving score ("Score") for all trips taken. (together "the Eligibility Criteria")
- A person who meets the Eligibility Criteria is an eligible individual ("Eligible Individual"). Eligible Individuals will be awarded a discount ("Discount") that corresponds to their Score on the App. There are three levels of Discounts:
a) Bronze award: $100 off standard excess with a Score on the App between 70 to 79
b) Silver award: $200 off standard excess with a Score on the App between 80 to 89
c) Gold award: $300 off standard excess with a Score between 90 and 100
- The Discount is personal to the Eligible Individual, and will be applied off the standard excess that would normally be payable for a valid motor vehicle claim where they were in control of a vehicle for which they are policyholder or named driver on a current and eligible Tower motor insurance policy.
a) The Discount can be applied for all valid claims, except windscreen or window glass only claims, which are covered by a Tower motor insurance policy. Tower Commercial vehicle, FinTel, Trade Me Insurance, Westpac, and ASB motor vehicle policies are excluded from this Offer.
b) This Discount is not able to be applied to any additional (non-standard) excesses that may be applicable.
- The applicable Discount to the excess will be applied at claims time and cannot be redeemed for cash, or any other type of refund.
- The Discount is able to be used in respect of any eligible motor vehicle claim by Eligible Individuals for 6 months from the date that it was awarded.
- Once a Discount has been awarded to an Eligible Individual, that individual can move to a higher Discount award after having driven another 250 kilometres (minimum) over at least another 10 trips and they obtain a higher average score that allows them to move into a different discount award level.
- Tower insurance policy terms, conditions and exclusions and underwriting criteria apply in respect of all eligible policies.
- This promotion is bound by the laws of New Zealand and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New Zealand.
- You are deemed to have accepted these Terms by downloading the App and having an eligible policy.
- Tower reserves the right to amend these Terms or change or cancel this promotion at any time without notice.
- If the Offer is cancelled, Eligible Individuals who have been awarded a Discount as a result of the Offer will retain that Discount and be able to use it against a claim for a period of 6 months from the date they were awarded it.
- The GoCarma and Tower terms and conditions apply and should be read in conjunction with these Terms.
Promotion terms and conditions
- These terms and conditions (Terms) apply to all GoCarma app (The App) promotions, competitions and offers listed below.
- In these Terms, Tower means Tower Limited (Tower), at times referred to "we" or "us".
- All promotions, competitions and offers are only open to residents of New Zealand aged at least 18 years.
- By entering or taking up any Tower competition, promotion or offer or taking out a policy in order to do so, you agree to and accept all these corresponding Terms and Conditions as well as the specific Terms and Conditions found below for the relevant competition, promotion or offer, and the Terms and Conditions for The App.
- Where relevant, Tower policy terms, conditions, exclusions and underwriting criteria apply in respect of all eligible policies.
- Information on how to enter the promotion, and all instructions appearing on advertisements, printed material or websites will form part of the promotion Terms and Conditions for entry into these competitions and promotions and offers. To the extent of any inconsistency in the information shown on the advertisements, printed material or websites, these Promotion Terms and Conditions will prevail.
- In accordance with the applicable Privacy laws, all individuals have the right to access and correct their personal information held by Tower.
- From time to time Tower may also use your information to provide you with communications updating you on the full range of services it offers. If you do not want to receive this information please let us know at any time by calling Tower on 0800 379 372 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Where a prize is to be given, Tower reserves the right to request winners of any prizes to provide proof of identity, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity. In the event that such proof is not provided by the prize winner, or is not satisfactory to Tower, then that prize winner shall forfeit their rights to any prize.
- Tower employees and employees of Tower’s Partners are not eligible to enter this Competition.
- Where a prize is to be given, the prizes are non-exchangeable, non-refundable, non-transferable, non-negotiable and cannot be redeemed for cash.
- Tower reserves the right to change, suspend or cancel applicable terms and conditions for a competition, promotion or offer at any time.
- Where a benefit has already been promised, Tower will honour it on the same Terms as were promised in the Terms prior to the change, suspension or cancellation.
- Tower will not be liable for any loss, claim, cost, expense, liability or injury suffered by any person in any way associated with any promotions, competitions or offers, or for any Prizes, except where such loss cannot be excluded by law.
- This Promotion is bound by the laws of New Zealand and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New Zealand.