Once a claims manager is assigned, they will share their contact details. Contact them directly if you would like an update at any time.
If you're unsure who to contact, call us on 0800 379 372 and have your claim reference ready.
Make a payment for your excess
You can make a claim payment for an excess simply and easily using our online form.
Start a new claim
What to do first
- If required, notify the police immediately
- Don't dispose of damaged items. We might need to see these or make a report on the damage.
- If a water leak is causing damage to your property, contact a plumber as soon as you can.
If you need our help right now, call us on 0800 379 372.
What we might ask for
Having these things available may help us process your claim faster.
- The details of anyone else involved in the incident including witnesses. If possible, get their names, addresses, and phone numbers if relevant.
- Police file number for theft and other illegal acts.
Your house claim, step by step
We understand that making a claim can be stressful. Here’s some information to help you understand the stages of your claim.
Assessing your property
We may need to see the damage that's been caused. If so, one of our assessors will be in touch to organise a time that works for you. They’ll walk you through the next steps and take photos of the damage.
If your property is unsafe we’ll arrange for a builder to secure your home while we get started on your claim.
Getting your property repaired
Our builder will be in touch to book an appointment to review the damage. The builder will discuss how the damage to your property will be repaired and set a schedule for the work to start.
If there is an excess, you'll pay this directly to the builder.
When your repairs have been completed, we’ll be in touch to check that you’re happy with them.