Looking for pet insurance?
Pets are part of the family, so choose the purrfect policy from Tower.
Compare our pet insurance
Life moves fast. One day you’re looking at funny pet videos, the next you’re recording your own. That’s why we’re excited to team up with Allianz Partners to bring pet insurance for cats and dogs.
Got more than one four-legged friend? Save 5% on each additional pet you insure with us and keep the whole litter safe. Ts&Cs apply.
Injury and illness
Vet bills can be unexpected and costly. We cover injury and illness expenses up to $15,000 per year, so you don't have to think twice about calling the vet.**
We've got your furry friends covered as our policies include a range of specialist treatment expenses up to $15,000 per year.^
Optional dental care
Keep your pet's teeth in pawfect condition by adding our optional dental care benefit.
IMPORTANT – PLEASE NOTE:
- A policy aggregate applies for all claims combined under Sections 1 and 2 during your period of cover and other limits, sub-limits, conditions, and exclusions also apply. Please read the full details of cover in your policy wording.
- All costs must be reasonable.
- Benefits expire at your end date of cover and are not carried over into subsequent periods of cover. If your policy is renewed, the benefits will renew for your next period of cover (except for ongoing conditions) unless we tell you otherwise on your renewal certificate.
- Please read the policy wording for full details on the claims limits for on-going conditions.
- You can apply to upgrade or downgrade cover at any time, but terms and conditions apply – read the policy wording for full details.
- The Dental care optional benefit can be added for an additional premium. It can only be added or removed at policy inception or renewal. The dental care benefit limit is in addition to the policy aggregate.
Insurance cover for your cat
From as little as $3 per week#
Insurance cover for your dog
From as little as $4 per week#
Cover with confidence
- Get a quick quote online in minutes.
- Our policies cover 80% of eligible vet fees, plus you'll get cover for injury as soon as you buy your policy.†
- Insure your furry friends before their eighth birthday and renew your cover with us each year, then they're covered for life (up until fifth birthday for select dog breeds, see the policy wording for a full list).
- You can pick your favourite vet to treat your pet.
We know insurance lingo can be a bit confusing. While our policies are WriteMark™ approved, we've put our heads together to explain some common terms.
If you're wondering what all that insurance lingo is all about, let’s unpack it.
Pet insurance FAQs
A pre-existing condition is any illness or injury, or symptoms or signs of an illness or injury that your pet suffered from, or had in any form, before the start date of your first Tower Pet insurance policy.
We recommend that you read the definition of a pre-existing condition in the policy wording so you understand what this covers.
No. Pre-existing conditions are not covered, including conditions that develop during the claim waiting period. It's important to get your pet covered as early as possible and keep it covered each year.
You can start your cat or dog on any plan from eight weeks old up to their eighth birthday (or up to their fifth birthday for select breeds). Once they're insured with us, we will provide cover throughout their lives.
We don't provide cover for your dog if they're used as a working dog, e.g., hunting dogs, training or police dogs, dogs used by armed services, and farm dogs. Please note that we do provide cover for assistance dogs.
All our plans include a 20% co-payment. This means that you'll pay 20% towards every treatment you claim under eligible vet expenses. We will deduct the 20% co-payment amount from the amount you claim for treatment.
Your policy wording includes a breakdown of how co-payments work and gives examples of different scenarios that might apply to you. Please note that we do not have a fixed excess or minimum claim amount.
You can upgrade to a higher plan at any time up until your pet reaches its eighth birthday. If your pet is a select breed, you have until its fifth birthday to upgrade. Upgrades are not allowed after you pet has reached the upper age limit (whichever applies to your pet).
You can downgrade your cover at any time but there are conditions. Please read the 'Changing your cover' section in your policy wording to fully understand how this will affect your cover.
Gather your supporting documents like your invoice and any treatment notes that you'll need to include with your claim. Once that's done, visit our 'Make a claim' page and make a claim online following the steps provided.
There is a 14-day claims waiting period for illness and routine care, and 90-days claims waiting period for the optional dental care benefit.
The claims waiting period starts from the day your cover commences. if your policy is renewing and you haven't had any lapse in cover, the claims waiting period doesn't apply.
If you're not completely happy with your cover, just let us know within 14 days after your certificate of insurance is issued.
As long as you haven't made any claims during this time, we'll cancel the policy and refund any premium payments you've made.
** Up to $15,000 per year applies to the Comprehensive Plan. We cover up to $7,000 per year for Injury and Illness related vet expenses under the Essentials Plan and up to $5,000 per year under the Accident Only Plan. For more details, please read the policy wording.
^ Up to $15,000 per year applies to the Comprehensive Plan. We cover up to $7,000 per year for life threatening conditions and up to $2,000 for non-life threatening injuries under the Essentials Plan. We cover up to $5,000 per year for life threatening conditions and up to $2,000 for non-life threatening injuries on the for Accident Only Plan (applies to injuries only).
# The price advertised is for a cat or dog insured under the Accident Only Plan excluding optional dental care cover. For full details of what is included, please read the policy wording.
† A mandatory 20% co-payment applies towards every treatment you claim under eligible vet expenses. Additional claims waiting periods apply.
Information on Allianz Partners
Tower Pet Insurance is issued and managed by AWP Services New Zealand Limited trading as Allianz Partners and underwritten by Tower Limited. You should read the policy wording before making any decisions about your insurance policy. Terms, conditions, limits, sub-limits, and exclusions apply.