Lifestyle block insurance
Protect your lifestyle block assets, contents, and vehicles.
Why choose Tower Lifestyle block insurance
Bought a new lifestyle block or just checking to see if you have the right cover? Look no further. Our Lifestyle block policy can be tailored to meet your needs.
Buildings and assets cover
Cover for sudden and accidental physical loss or damage unless excluded.
Natural disaster damage
If your lifestyle block and equipment suffer natural disaster damage, this will be covered for these specific items specified in your policy.
Loss of lifestyle block income cover
Get a sense of security in the event your lifestyle block is hit by an unforeseen scenario, such as flooding or fire.
Lifestyle block vehicle cover
We cover a range of lifestyle block vehicles along with plant and implements towed by lifestyle block vehicles.
This is a summary only. For all of these benefits, please make sure you read the policy wording to understand the terms, conditions, limits and exclusions that may apply.
Unsure how much your house is worth? Try out our house insurance calculator - it can help you work out the rebuild cost of your home.
Need more information?
Our policy can be tailored to meet your needs. If you would like to understand the complete policy, check out the policy document. Or request a callback and one of our team members will be in touch.
Lifestyle block FAQs
At Tower, we define a lifestyle block as:
- a block of land with a house and other assets that is less than 10 hectares in size, and
- the owner earns less than $10,000 gross income off the land from any activities associated with the lifestyle block.
If your property doesn't meet the criteria in this definition, then it can't be insured under Tower's Lifestyle block policy.
If your property has any of the following:
- Additional land, and that land can be used to graze stock or grow anything that may be sold for profit,
- Outbuildings, like a haybarn, woolshed, or stable,
- Plant machinery or vehicles like tractors,
- Additional items like electric power lines, telephone poles and cables,
it can't be insured under Tower's House policy.
If any of these apply to your property, give us a call on 0800 161 262 to get a Lifestyle block insurance quote.
Our Lifestyle block policy provides cover for sudden or accidental loss or damage to the following:
- Lifestyle block assets
- House and contents
- Private motor vehicles (cars, caravans, and domestic trailers), lifestyle block vehicles and boats
- Lifestyle block assets in transit
- Lifestyle block assets breakdown
- Frozen or chilled stores.
We also provide liability protection and cover loss of lifestyle block income. We can talk you through the options available. Just give us a call on 0800 161 262 to get a quote.
If you change your mind after taking out your policy, just let us know within 30 days of the policy start date. If the policy was not quite right, we might be able to change it to better suit you.
Or, if you haven't made a claim, we will cancel your cover and refund any payment you have made already.
If you have made a claim, give us a call on 0800 161 262 for further information.