Remuneration and Appointments Committee
Michael Stiassny (Chairman), Warren Lee, Steve Smith and Graham Stuart.
The Remuneration and Appointments Committee advises the Board in respect of a number of matters, including:
- the appointment and succession of Board directors, and director remuneration
- the composition and structure of the Board
- induction and continuing professional development programmes for directors
- performance evaluations of the Board and individual directors
- the Chief Executive Officer and senior executive appointments, termination, performance appraisal and remuneration.
The Terms of Reference for the Remuneration and Appointments Committee require that the Committee comprises suitably qualified non-executive directors, the majority of whom are independent.
The Board appoints the Chair of the Committee, who will be an independent, non-executive director. Following each meeting the Chair of the Committee provides a report to the Board. The Chair is also required to provide an annual report summarising Committee activities, findings, recommendations and results for the past year.
Other Committees are established from time to time to examine specific issues as required by the Board. The Committees are governed by written terms of reference, which detail their specific functions and responsibilities. The Terms of Reference for each Committee are regularly reviewed.
The Committees make recommendations to the Board. They have no decision-making ability except where expressly provided by the Board. The Board is required to annually confirm the membership and Chairmanship of each of the Committees.