Travel insurance and
Tower's domestic and international travel insurance policies offer selected cover for COVID-19.
Australia & Other Destinations
*You must have been specifically and individually designated by name by a local public health authority or government to isolate or quarantine.
- There is no cover for claims directly or indirectly arising from or caused by you commencing your travel against the New Zealand Government’s advice, or against local government advice at your overseas destination.
- Selected cover for epidemic/pandemic diseases is available on both single trip and frequent flyer plans.
- Full details, conditions and exclusions are outlined in the policy wording - International policies (1 December 2020) and for Domestic policies (26 October 2020).
- **Domestic cruises are covered under selected cover for epidemic/pandemic diseases when the cruise pack is purchased. You must purchase the cruise pack for your Domestic Cruise to have selected cover for epidemic and pandemic diseases when traveling within New Zealand and have purchased a Domestic policy.
- There is no cover for claims arising from any lockdowns, changes in government alert levels, quarantine or mandatory isolation that applies generally or broadly to some or all of a population, vessel or geographical area, or that applies based on where you are travelling to, from, or through.
Tower Travel insurance is issued and managed by AWP Services New Zealand Limited trading as Allianz Partners and underwritten by Tower Limited. You should read the policy wording before making any decisions about your insurance policy. Terms, conditions, limits, sub-limits, and exclusions apply.
All Tower travel insurance policies include a general exclusion for epidemics and pandemics and does not cover disinclination to travel due to fear or change of mind. Cover is only provided if you have not commenced your journey against the New Zealand Government’s advice not to travel. There is no cover for lockdowns, changes in government alert levels, quarantine or mandatory isolation applying to a population or part of a population.
Terms, conditions, limits, sub-limits and exclusions apply and these are set out in the policy wording. Please read the policy wording on the Domestic or International travel insurance pages for full details.