Want to chat to a car repairer before making a claim?
If you use one of our recommended repairers, they'll get your car on the road faster, plus we'll give you a lifetime guarantee on the quality of their work.
Start a new claim
What to do first
- If required, notify the police immediately.
- Take all reasonable steps to prevent further loss or damage.
- Get our approval before arranging or carrying out any repairs. We'll need to assess the damage first.
- If needed, find a repairer that's convenient for you. See our list of recommended repairers
If you need our help right now, call us on 0800 379 372.
What we might ask for
Having these things available may help us process your claim faster.
- The details of anyone else involved in the accident, including third parties, witnesses, passengers and property owners. If possible, get their names, addresses, and phone and vehicle registration numbers if relevant.
- Police file number for theft and other illegal acts.
Your claim, step by step
We understand that making a claim can be stressful. Here’s some information to help you understand the stages of your claim.
Assessing your vehicle
If your vehicle is:
Driveable - take it to our repairer as soon as you can. Your vehicle will be assessed and photographed if needed.
Being transported by us – it’ll be taken directly to our repairer.
A write-off – one of our assessors will get in contact and let you know how you can collect your items from the vehicle and to discuss what will happen next.
Get your vehicle repaired
Our repairer will arrange for your vehicle to be repaired at a time that works for you. You’ll be given an estimate of how long the repairs will take to complete.
If it’s going to take longer than you were originally told, we’ll contact you to explain why, and give you an updated time.
The repairer will let you know when your vehicle is ready. If you need to pay an excess, this will be directly to the repairer. We’ll be in touch to check that you’re happy with the repairs.