Start your claim
What to do first
- If required, notify the police immediately.
- Don't dispose of damaged items. We might need to see these or make a report on the damage.
- Take all reasonable steps to prevent further loss or damage.
What we might ask for
Having these things available may help us process your claim faster:
- Receipts or other proof of purchase
- Photos of the damage
- Details of your current livestock
- Police report file numbers
Your claim, step by step
We understand that making a claim can be stressful. Here’s some information to help you understand the stages of your claim.
Making your claim
Firstly, make sure you and your property are safe and call the police if you need to. Take photos of any damage if you can.
Call us if you need help right now, otherwise make your claim when you're able to.
Assessing your claim
When you make a claim we'll get in contact to let you know what's going to happen next. We might also need to get some more information from you.
We'll assess your claim as quickly as possible and let you know what's happening along the way.
We'll settle your claim and set things right as soon as we can.
Fair Insurance Code
Tower Insurance is a member of the Insurance Council of New Zealand (ICNZ), an industry organisation which represents fire and general insurers in New Zealand.
As an ICNZ member, we abide by the ICNZ Fair Insurance Code.
Additional information is available on the Insurance Council of New Zealand website.