Last updated: Monday 24 March, 1:15pm
We are currently experiencing call quality issues, with some calls dropping out, due to the current demand on networks nationwide. Remember, you can submit your claim and make payments online, and for any policy enquiries you can live chat us. You can also fill out a contact form, and one of our team will be in touch as soon as possible
In light of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, we're taking responsible steps to play our part in stopping the spread and ensuring the safety of our teams and ongoing support for customers.
We have changed the way we operate to put in place physical distancing practices and enable as many of our teams as possible to work from home. This may mean longer wait times on the phones as we adjust to this new way of working.
We have increased the number of team members in our digital teams, so the fastest way to get a response to your enquiry is to use one of our digital channels.
If you have a claim, or need to make a new one.
If you need to make a new claim, it's easy to lodge this online. Once submitted, we'll be in touch with the next steps.
For claims that have already been submitted, you don't need to do anything. Our team will be in touch with your next steps. If you need an update on your claim, it's best to call us on 0800 379 372, but please be aware that wait times may be longer than normal. We apologise for the wait.
How to stay in touch with us
The fastest way to manage your insurance is online via our website. There are a number of different options available:
- Complete a Contact Us form for customer service enquiries. We'll reply by email or call you back at a time that suits.
- You can start a live chat if you need help with a service enquiry.
- It's simple and easy to get a quote or buy a new policy, using our online Bundle Builder.
- Use our new My Tower to view your policy, download your Certificate of Insurance, and make payments and claims on some policies. We will be offering this option to even more customers over the coming months.
What we're doing to keep our team safe
- From 23 March our team will increasingly be working from home, but are still available during our usual business hours.
- We've stepped up our cleaning protocols at our office locations.
- All our meetings are now virtual meetings.
- Our offices and branches across New Zealand and the Pacific are now closed to external visitors, including customers. Please use the one of the contact methods listed above to get in touch.
- We've thoroughly reviewed our business continuity plans to ensure we're ready to help you.
How will this impact my insurance?
House, contents and motor cover is not impacted in any way, and still provides the reassurance that you're covered for the things that matter to you. Business cover is not generally impacted either, other than Business Interruption cover as set out below.
The exception to this is travel insurance. We are continually updating our Coronavirus Travel Alert and recommend you visit that page before contacting us.
Are you experiencing financial hardship?
We will do our part to support Tower customers through these times. We understand that many people are experiencing financial uncertainty, and some vulnerable members of our community are particularly impacted. We've put together a range of options to support our customers so if you need help please get in touch.
You can also check out How to save money on your insurance for more information.