Landlord insurance

Landlord's plus is stress-free cover protecting you from the risks of renting your New Zealand property. Comprehensive cover for deliberate damage caused by tenants, as well as cover for whiteware and window coverings. Save $50 online, use promo code SAVE50.*

Air New Zealand Airpoints Logo Earn Airpoints Dollars™**

Get a quote

Key benefits

  • Full replacement for fire

    We’ll rebuild your house following a fire even if the cost is more than your sum insured. Excludes fires following natural disasters.

  • Methamphetamine contamination

    We will cover you for up to $30,000 for the cost of repairing the physical damage to your rental house resulting from meth contamination. We’ll only cover this damage if it occurs while we insure it.

  • Loss of rent

    Up to eight months rent covered if your house is made uninhabitable by loss or damage covered under the policy while tenanted.

  • Liability protection

    If there's an accident at your property which causes damage to someone else's property, we'll cover you for your legal liability.

  • Whiteware and window coverings

    Cover up to $20,000 for your rental property’s whiteware and window coverings. It means you won't need to take out a separate contents policy for any appliances or curtains you provide your tenants.

  • Deliberate damage cover

    Cover up to $20,000, protecting you from deliberate damage to your property by your tenant and their guests.

This is a summary only. See the policy for the full list of benefits, terms and conditions.

Download policy (PDF, 1.83MB) 

This is the most current policy available to purchase on our website. Your policy wording may be different.
Request a copy of your policy wording.

This policy has been awarded the
WriteMark Plain Language Standard

WriteMark - Plain Language Standard

Quote checklist

Here are some things you’ll need to complete your quote:

  • How much it would cost to totally rebuild your house - otherwise known as the 'sum insured'.
    Learn more about sum insured
  • Details of the property, including the year it was built, the materials it's made of, and the total floor area.
  • If there is a self-contained unit on the property, such as a granny flat, you'll need a separate policy for each unit