Airpoints terms and conditions
Tower Insurance Air New Zealand AirpointsTM terms and conditions
- Airpoints DollarsTM will be available to Tower Insurance customers from 16 January 2017.
- To be eligible to earn Airpoints DollarsTM you must fulfil all of the following criteria:
- Purchase or renew an eligible Tower policy (see section 3-4).
- Be a policyholder on the eligible policy.
- Be an Air New Zealand AirpointsTM programme member.
- Register your Airpoints number with Tower.
Policies eligible to earn Airpoints Dollars
- The policies listed in section 4 are eligible to earn Airpoints Dollars on condition that:
- they’re bought directly from Tower in New Zealand. A policy purchased through FinTel, Kiwibank, TSB Bank, Westpac, ASB or Trade Me Insurance is not considered to be bought directly from Tower;
- they’re not bought through a broker; and
- the policy is not held for a Body Corporate.
- Policies eligible to earn Airpoints Dollars:
- Caravan or trailer
- Farm cover – where any of the above listed from 4(a) to 4(f) is added to the cover.
- Commercial vehicle
Registering your Airpoints number
- You can register your Airpoints number:
- online at tower.co.nz/register
- by calling our Customer Care team on 0800 847 010
- when buying your policy cover over the phone or on our website
- When purchasing your policy online, the Airpoints number will only apply to the customer reference number associated to the policy purchased.
- If you have other policies under a different customer reference number that you’d like to register your Airpoints number to, you’ll need to let us know.
- Once you’ve completed the registration process, we will apply your Airpoints number to the customer reference number provided, and eligible policy/ies linked to it.
- You can request to change the Airpoints number registered to your customer reference at any time.
- It is your responsibility to provide us with accurate details of your Airpoints account, and to let us know of any changes to your Airpoints account name or number.
- Tower will not be liable for any loss of benefits resulting from your details being out of date, inaccurate or otherwise.
Airpoints Dollars rewards
- Eligible customers will earn 1 Airpoints Dollar for every $100 spent on an eligible policy premium, calculated at time of purchase or at the time of renewal. Premium does not include levies, taxes and fees. Any adjustment to your policy following purchase or renewal that results in a change to your premium will not earn you additional Airpoints Dollars in that premium year.
- The earning rate for Airpoints Dollars is subject to change.
- This offer is not transferable or redeemable for cash.
- You may also be eligible to earn additional Airpoints Dollars through special offers or promotions, subject to the offer or promotion terms.
Airpoints Dollars allocation
- If you’re already a Tower customer, from 16 January 2017 you will start earning Airpoints Dollars from the next renewal date of your current policy/ies (after you have registered your Airpoints number with Tower). Airpoints Dollars will be allocated based on your premium payable at renewal. Airpoints Dollars will not be awarded retrospectively.
- Airpoints Dollars will be awarded to your Airpoints account within 30 days of the premium being paid (either in full for annual payment or first instalment if the payment method is otherwise) for both new purchases and renewal of policy/ies. You will only be awarded Airpoints Dollars for the current policy year if you registered your Airpoints number with Tower at least 6 weeks prior to the date on which your eligible policy renewed.
- Eligible policies must be active when the allocation of Airpoints Dollars is made.
Deduction of Airpoints Dollars
- If for any reason, the payment that earned you Airpoints Dollars is refunded or dishonoured, or your policy is cancelled, Tower reserves the right to deduct the Airpoints Dollars earned with Tower from your Airpoints Account.
- Our standard privacy terms available at tower.co.nz/terms-and-conditions apply.
- In addition, by registering your Airpoints number with Tower and/or by earning Airpoints Dollars through Tower, you agree that your personal information:
- will be disclosed to and held by Air NZ and its contractors, and accessed by Tower;
- may be anonymised and disclosed by Air NZ in a limited manner to other third party partners of the Airpoints Programme (“Airpoints Partners”);
- may be collected by Air NZ and/or Airpoints Partners, anonymised and accessed by Tower in a limited manner,
to enable us or Air NZ to identify and present you with information and offers relating to products and services that may be of interest to you (including by sending commercial electronic messages, including by email) and generally to operate and develop Tower, Air NZ’s or Airpoints Partner’s businesses.
- The personal information collected may include information that you provide to us (such as your name, address and email address) and information we collect when you purchase goods or services from us.
- We may stop awarding Airpoints Dollars to you at any time at our absolute discretion, including if:
- we cease to be a partner in Air New Zealand’s Airpoints Programme; or
- you are no longer eligible to earn Airpoints Dollars through Tower.
- We are not responsible and accept no liability for any breach by Air New Zealand or its Airpoints Partners of its obligations to you in respect of the Airpoints Programme.
- Tower reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice.